Thrive school mental wellness services: 3 tiers of support
Nurturing mental health in schools requires the three levels of support. That’s why Thrive Alliance Group has developed a continuum of services aligned with the tiers of intervention to support schools, students, and staff throughout the journey toward mental wellness and school success.
Tier 1: Targeted Mental Health Professional Development
Goal: Create a school climate and culture that supports mental wellness
Primary Thrive service: Professional Development Course Series
Educators are not typically trained on how to recognize mental health issues and what to do when issues arise. Thrive’s PD Course Series is a proactive way to provide teachers, counselors, and other staff (both experienced and new hires) with information and proven intervention strategies. Armed with this information, your staff becomes equipped to support ALL students as well as other staff members.
- Reduce stigma about mental health issues across the school community
- Establish proactive, school-wide supports
- Nurture everyone’s social and emotional well-being and reduce stress levels
- Raise your staff’s comfort level and capabilities around supporting mental wellness
Staff are not specially trained in mental health support, so oftentimes they look to Thrive for advice and guidance on how to best navigate student needs in the classroom.
Tier 2: Ongoing Coaching and Certification for Staff
Goal: Help students and staff manage emerging issues before they escalate
Primary Thrive service: Coaching, Training & Certification Program
Along with more in-depth training, this program provides ongoing coaching and mentorship to a smaller group of staff. Your team learns to manage common and problematic issues such as the impact of trauma, preventing school violence, school refusal, and classroom behavior. Teachers and counselors become equipped to help small groups of students with specific needs.
BONUS: coaching sessions also provide mental health support as self-care for participating staff members.
- Reduce problems with classroom behavior and prevent violence
- Reduce absenteeism and disciplinary actions
- Increase staff job performance, satisfaction, and retention rates
- Improve student academic achievement
Tier 3: On-Site Services for Students and Families
Goal: Manage severe mental health problems that prevent students from accessing their education
Primary Thrive service: Counseling Services
Thrive can embed experienced mental health counselors on site who can provide intensive, one-on-one support to students who need clinical help to succeed in school. Counselors work closely with child study teams to develop intervention plans. Supports also include risk assessments, crisis intervention, working with families, conflict mediation, and progress reporting. Thrive provides ongoing supervision and guidance to all embedded counselors from our Clinical Director.
* Please check with us about availability of this service in your area.
- Effective crisis intervention can significantly improve student outcomes and even save lives
- Reduce the need for expensive out-of-district placements
- Improve student care by increasing family and community involvement
- Reduced stigma in the community and increased awareness
Counseling Service Options
The Continuum Provides Comprehensive Mental Wellness Support
Goal: Create a safe and supportive learning environment by achieving excellence across the three tiers of mental wellness support
Primary Thrive service: Mental Wellness Accreditation
Schools making a sustained commitment to prioritizing mental wellness in their school communities can earn Thrive’s Mental Wellness AccreditationTM. This ongoing validation process tracks progress across the three tiers of support and measures performance against proven standards and benchmarks for school mental wellness. Thrive’s process supports and guides school districts on their journey to building a healthy climate and culture where everyone can reach their potential.
- Guidance from experts to develop district-wide goals, values, plans, and processes
- Teachers, administrators, and other staff to become happier, more committed, and more effective
- Students achieve more in a supportive environment
- Parents and community stakeholders get peace of mind when schools become healthy and safe environments