Make a Lasting Impact on School Mental Health with Thrive’s Mental Wellness Professional Development Series
We’re in the midst of a national emergency impacting mental health in school resulting in drops in academic performance, rising school refusal, increases in problematic and violent behavior, and skyrocketing rates of staff turnover.
School leaders want to provide effective mental wellness support, something that is required by the U.S. Department of Education and desperately needed. Yet few schools staff members have the training or tools to respond appropriately to the school mental health challenges they face daily. That’s one of the reasons why teachers are leaving the profession in droves.
Professional Development Course offerings include:
- Creating a Trauma-Informed Learning Environment
- Increasing Student Engagement Using Positive Behavioral Supports (2-part series)
- Untangling the Web: How Social Media Affects Mental Health
- Paraprofessionals Empower Student Learning
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Fostering Best Practices for Schools
Mental Wellness Support for Your Students and Staff
We believe training leads to empowerment that has a lasting impact. Thrive’s Mental Wellness Professional Development Series prepares your teachers, counselors, social workers, and other staff members how to recognize student mental health issues and intervene effectively. We also provide training on how administrators can positively impact school culture and employee mental health. Our training helps your school or district develop proven Tier One supports for mental wellness and create a climate & culture that empowers everyone to succeed.
Outcomes on School Mental Health Services
- Reduced school violence and fewer classroom behavioral problems
- Improved staff retention rates, better job performance, and greater job satisfaction
- Reduced student absenteeism and school refusal behavior
- Greater academic success and improved social-emotional wellbeing for students
- Progress toward earning Mental Wellness AccreditationTM for your district