School refusal and absenteeism are increasing across the country following the pandemic.
Without strategies in place, school refusal becomes more entrenched and difficult to overcome.
Effectively managing school refusal takes a consistent, coordinated effort between the student, parents, and the school. It may also require help from outside mental health professionals.
Our School Refusal Guide was developed to help your school identify, address, and prevent absenteeism while supporting staff, students, and parents throughout the process.
Thrive Alliance Group's Comprehensive School Refusal Guide
After years of research and supporting schools with student and staff mental health issues, the experts at Thrive Alliance Group have developed a comprehensive guide to help academic institutions address and treat School Refusal. Our School Refusal Guide will help your practitioners, teachers, parents, and more to:
- Better understand the different forms that school refusal can take
- Implement effective strategies to support students and get them back on track
- Learn how parents and schools can work together to address school refusal
- Spotting warning signs to stop school refusal before it starts
5 Critical Topics Addressed in Thrive's School Refusal Guide
- Understanding School Refusal. Learn about the different profiles of school refusal behavior, as well as the causes behind it, to guide you in selecting the best intervention plan.
- Early Warning Signs. School refusal doesn’t happen overnight; students often show subtle signs of impending trouble. Learn how parents and school staff can identify and address problems before the situation escalates.
- Three Common Mistakes. Using the wrong tactics to address school refusal can backfire and make the problem worse. Learn what not to do when addressing school refusal.
- School Refusal Intervention Strategies. Managing School Refusal incorrectly can demand a great deal of time and resources and yield little results. Learn the steps to efficiently and effectively impact school refusal cases.
- Tips for Parents. School refusal can be rooted in issues at home, such as separation from parents, and this guide can help parents work with you at home. Creating consistency between home and school environments is essential in school refusal behavior.
Get On-Site Help From Thrive Clinicans
Thrive can help by placing clinical specialists in your school who are trained to handle every aspect of school refusal cases, from classroom issues to home visits. Thrive clinicians do the heavy lifting to solve school refusal and act as an extension of your team. Contact us today to see if a Thrive clinician is available in your area.