Thrive’s Mental Wellness Professional Development Series
What to Expect
Our clinical program provides the actionable information and tools school staff need to permanently and positively impact mental health and wellness within their school culture. Thrive’s Mental Wellness PD is a series of courses covering the most pressing mental health issues educators face and strategies for managing them in a school setting.
Each course includes:
- A one-hour video that staff members can watch on-demand at their convenience.
User access to a real-time, in-depth group discussion around each PD topic with a Thrive expert.
- Certificate for completed PD hours.
Mental Wellness Professional Development Course Descriptions
- What is trauma and how it affects our neurobiology
- How a child may think, feel, and behave when functioning in “survival mode”
- How to identify triggers in a child’s environment that lead to the experience of traumatic stress
- Specific steps that help traumatized children regulate emotions and control problematic behaviors
- The four functions of problematic student behavior in the classroom
- How to identify behavior and respond appropriately
- Proven strategies for effective behavior management in the classroom
- How to help students develop resilience and coping skills
- Incorporating behavior management strategies into daily classroom practice
- The latest data & trends regarding smartphone and social media use among children and teens
- How social media impacts the mental health and well-being of young people
- How screens can be used as a tool to connect rather than disconnect
- Tools and strategies for educators to effectively manage screen time and social media use
- Who exactly is a paraprofessional?
- The 10 most common expectations for paraprofessionals
- The role of paraprofessionals in supporting students
- Best practices for empowering student learning
- DEI terminology to create a foundation of common language.
- The value of DEI practices.
- How to create a climate and culture of acceptance where students can thrive.
- The importance of our daily language.
- Inclusive practices that will support our diverse student populations.
Why Trust Thrive Alliance Group to Train Your staff?
Thrive Alliance Group has deep clinical expertise in mental health as well as decades of experience serving students and schools. Our team includes special services administrators, mental health clinicians and coaches, curriculum development professionals, licensed clinical social workers, and teachers.
Our combined knowledge base makes Thrive uniquely qualified to provide mental health training and best practices for intervention in a school setting. We can guide your school in creating a healthy climate and culture where everyone thrives.
Who should participate?
The content is beneficial for your entire staff: brand new and veteran teachers, experienced social workers, administrators, and support staff all gain valuable tools & insights they can use immediately.
PD Series Pricing
For a group of 10 participants, pricing starts at $149. Package pricing is available for larger groups of participants and additional courses.