In this episode, Chris Leonard talks with two experienced special ed teachers about how teachers can support the growing number of students with mental illness… and how school districts must support teachers. Jessica LaForgia and RJ Laxamana share interventions that teachers and school staff can use to help students succeed and ensure a more productive school day for everyone.
- Signs of mental health issues in the classroom
- Tips for building trust and getting students to open up
- The importance of understanding the causes behind behavior
- How teachers can avoid burnout
- The support and training teachers need from administration