In this episode, Chris Leonard answers questions about what schools can do to encourage healthy social media usage by their students, and prevent the problems that arise from harmful behavior on social media.
The questions were submitted by school administrators, counselors, and teachers during our recent webinar: “Untangling the Web: How Social Media Affects Mental Health and How to Help.”
- How to address concerns about suicidal ideation
- What to do when negative interactions on social media spill over into school
- Getting buy-in from parents on healthy social media habits for students
- Setting consequences for inappropriate actions on social media
- The importance of modeling