In this episode, Chris Leonard talks about how to understand and manage the anxiety many of us have been struggling with during the pandemic crisis. His guest is John Reilly, a clinical social worker and certified psychoanalyst with 30 years of experience working with adolescents and adults.
- Where anxiety comes from and the helpful purpose it can serve.
- How to lessen the physical symptoms that can come from repressed anxiety.
- Tips for overcoming unhealthy avoidance habits, such as alcohol or overeating.
- How anxiety can become a habitual response.
- The potential impact of anxiety about the current crisis on people who have experienced trauma.
- The best ways to talk to children and teens to minimize anxiety.